Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Sew" special


This month is National Sewing Month....and it's my mom's birthday. And guess what my mom loves to do....SEW! So I made her card sewing themed with all the tools I could think of you used in sewing. The paper is Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl. Made some spools of thread from Happily Ever After and wrapped them with floss......attached some needles I colored with silver ink. Little scissors are cut from silver metallic foil with a little silver dew drop in the center ( I noticed one of them moved....but Mom took the card and I couldn't get another picture...) The hedgehog is Create a Critter and I added pins to make him a pin cushion. Sentiment is computer generated.


Fantabulous Cricut is celebrating National Sewing Month this week with a great challenge of sewing on your project. Hop on over and enter! My card is also for Paper Cutz's Critter challenge....Love it!

17 comments:

Amber said...

I love the pins added to it. Makes it really awsome!!!

http://sassycraftymama.blogspot.com/

Audrey Frelx said...

As your mom is a sewer, she's really going to love that card!!! It's fantastic!

Sharon said...

Awesome!!! Love all the wonderful details! The spools of thread, needles, scissors and such a cute pin cushion!! :)

Ladybug said...

Your mom's card is just SEW cute!!! I'm sure she's gonna love it!!

Something she might consider -- is framing it and putting it in her sewing room. That would look awesome!! :-)

Georgiana said...

This card is fabulous! I love it! I tried adding a little sewing to a card, but mine wasn't all that great. Just something to keep working on. I know your mom is going to love this card.

Georgiana : )

Kim. said...

This is a brilliant idea, love how you used all the elements.
Kim xXx

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Sherri this is sooooooooooooooo adorable!!!!! Love that porcupine. Love all the details... wowza! :)

Jeri said...

OMG, I literally laughed out loud when I saw that adorable hedgehog with the pins in him. That's great. Your mom is going to adore this card. Such personal thought went into making it for her. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz.

GiuliaG. said...

I love your pin cushion....very clever. Really great card. Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz.

Rhonda Emery said...

oh sherri you did it again. all your work is always great. love it

Kelly said...

OMG...it just doesn't get any cuter than this! Your mom is going to love it! A lot of thought and work went into this and it shows! What a great card!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Sherri - this is just too cute...what a great little pin cushion he is!!! Thanks for playing at Paper Cutz this week!
melissa

BrendaB said...

Oh my gosh, how cute! I love the little hedgehog pin cushion!

Joanna said...

LOL..this is super cute! I love how you wrapped the string around the bobbins (is that what they are called?) ;p

Kate said...

This is so creative, Sherri! What a fantastic card! I love those pins sticking out of the hedgehog. What a clever idea!!

Cricut Couple said...

How fun is this?!? Love the clever little details. The spools of thread are really cool!

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

This card is absolutely incredible. I love hedgehogs, and making him a pin cushion is an ingenious idea. I am so proud to on board with such a talented designer.