Monday, August 9, 2010

Smile....


The challenge at Fantabulous Cricut this week is Smile.....and nothing makes me smile more than sock monkeys. I've made a version with Paper Doll Dress Up...and I have the new one on B is for Boy....but this one is made with shapes from my favorite cartridge, George.



The face is a 3 1/2" circle....ears are 1" oval cut in half. The ovals are both oval cuts, cut at 3 ". The hat is a 3 1/2" circle, half....trimmed until it looked right. Went over him with a Sharpie...added button eyes and another one on the hat. "Smile" is from Paisley, cut at 1 1/2" and doodled.


Card is 5" square and double layered, used the corner punch on all the layers.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Sherri, this card is FANTASTIC! It immediately made me smile when I opened your blog! Super, super cute!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

Will have to try this one. That face is so adorable.

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Wow, Sherri, I think I like your version best! Especially the little poof on his hat! :0)

Rhonda Emery said...

do darn cute makes me smile.

Maureen Reiss said...

This card makes me smile too! Love it!! :)

Sharon said...

Awesome sock monkey! I just love it!! You did a fantastic job creating him!! :)

Kate said...

This is adorable! Great job with making a sock monkey, Sherri!! Love it!!

Dorcas said...

Super cute! I love how you used shapes!
~Dorcas

Lynne said...

Super Super CUTE!!! I don't have the George Cartridge but it looks most definitely like something I need!!!!